Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Meet the Sallys Behind it All.


Flerida in Sister Mary's a Dyke? which was workshopped by Carlos Bulosan Theatre
She had me at Sex Mex. Ever since I saw Flerida Peña perform her awkward and obviously queer work at the Kapisanan Philippine Centre for Arts and Culture, I knew she would be the perfect person to pair with for "When Sally Met Sally". (Not to mention she’s Filipina and from Scarborough...not to judge.) 

I needed someone who could improvise screwing up big on the dating scene. (Not that she knows anything about that.)

Here, she demonstrates the perfect screw up based on research that has nothing to do with her own romantic life. (Right, Flerida?)




My beautiful sister, MC Jazz is the person behind the song "Mrs. X" (produced by Paula Burrows, Jupiter Productions), which you will hear at the end of each episode. If ever you have the luck and honour to watch her perform and witness a sea of queer people shouting out her lyrics, then you will know why her voice had to be our anthem.To learn more about the Queer Hip Hop Movement, click here.

And then there's me. I write shit and people come see it. Sometimes they laugh. Sometimes they cry. This is me impersonating a real-to-life person based on a dating testimony from a friend.  For reals.

No comments:

Post a Comment